This 6-hour, highly-interactive course is recommeded for anyone eager to succeed at the college level, whether going for the first time or returning to campus in September.
When: 1st Session: 6:30 - 9:30pm Monday, August 13
2nd Session: 6:30 - 9:30pm Tuesday, August 14
Where: NESCA, 55 Chapel Street, 2nd Floor, Newton, MA
Cost: $400 per person; enrollment limited to 12!
Participants will learn how to:
- Create a personalized planning and motivational system;
- Select a major that fits your interests and goals;
- Take effective notes and prepare for exams;
- Master test taking strategies and anxiety;
- Research and write college-level papers;
- Tap into online and mobile tools for student success;
- Build positive relationships and networking skills;
- Develop career interests and an action plan for maximizing early career success.
- Identify the challenges and pressures faced by today’s college student and strategies to overcome them;
- Assess your current expectations about college, personal strengths, and areas needing improvement;
- Use planning and prioritizing tools to enhance your academic and early career success;
- Use motivational techniques to persist in college when things get tough and achieve academic goals;
- Communicate more effectively with faculty, staff, and peers;
- Discover campus resources that can support your academic and co-curricular interests and goals;
- Appreciate the importance of personal branding and maintaining a positive online image.