On Wednesday, November 14, from 7:00 - 9:00pm, NESCA (Neuropsychology & Education Services for Children & Adolescents) Founder and Director Ann Helmus, Ph.D. will discuss the "nuts and bolts" of neuropsychological evaluation.
- What exactly is a neuropsych evaluation?
- Why would you have your child evaluated, and when?
- How do you choose someone to evaluate your child?
- How does an experienced neuropsychologist drill down into your child's "symptoms" (attention deficits, executive function weaknesses, etc.), to fully understand what's likely going on in his/her brain, and explain that to you clearly?
- And, then, how can YOU use this enhanced knowledge to improve your child's ability to learn?
She will also focus on the written evaluation report and what you’re entitled to expect of it: timely delivery, insightfully integrated data, a recognizable portrait of your whole child, and a set of specific recommendations easily understood and implemented by all concerned.
7:00 – 9:00pm
55 Chapel Street, 2nd Floor
Newton, MA 02458
There is ample free, off-street parking. Light refreshments will be served.
This presentation is free! Seating is very limited, so RSVP quickly to Amanda Renzi or Melissa Jensen at 617-658-9800, ext. 0, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.