The Current Trends in Autism Conference Friday and Saturday, November 9th and 10th, 2012 at the Boston Marriott Burlington Hotel in Burlington, MA has been designed around the needs of families and professionals navigating the autism field.
Featured speakers include:
- Michelle Garcia-Winner, "Social Thinking" founder and Director/Founder,The Social Thinking Center
- Margaret Bauman, M.D., director, TARF and LFAC/LADDERS/MGH; Associate Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School
- Timothy Buie, M.D., Pediatric Gastroenterologist, Lurie Center for Autism
- David Amaral, Ph.D. , Director of Research, U.C. Davis MIND Institute
- Shonda Shilling, author of The Best Kind Of Different –Our Family’s Journey with Asperger’s Syndrome
- Many more national and local experts on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Teens and young adults with autism will host a Q&A session to discuss their first-hand experiences with the disorder, to help parents understand what their children might be dealing with.
Other session topics will cover Speech and Language, GI and Genetics, Transitions and Adults, Medical Issues, Behavior and Psychology, Psychopharmacology, Jobs, Education and more. There will also be an exhibitor expo.
For more information or to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 617-414-7012 or visit the Current Trends in Autism conference website HERE.