Presented by Pamela Ely, M.S. CCC-SLP, founder and CEO of The Ely Center, LLC, in Newton, MA. Ely is a specialist in Social-Cognitive tools for teachers and students.
Do you have a child who…
- Keeps blurting out all the answers
- Repeats themselves
- Gets upset when they don't know something
- Doesn't let you know when they don't understand
- Is socially awkward
- Has trouble working in groups
When: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm, Monday, March 4, 2013
Where: Ottoson Middle School Cafeteria (directly off lobby)
63 Acton Street, Arlington, MA 02476
- How sensory needs, executive function skills, & language processing abilities affect individual students' learning;
- A detailed description of the "buzz" phrases that support students with social-cognitive inefficiencies
- How to facilitate Social Cognition in all settings of the child's day;
- Methods to improve efficient communication and accelerate learning;
- Tools and handouts that can be used at school and at home;
- Question & Answers about fostering successes, identifying & facing challenges, and developing strategies to improve Social Cognition and other social communication skills.
About Pamela Ely
A consultant to several school districts in Massachusetts, Ely works collaboratively with school personnel to enhance their knowledge and understanding of autism spectrum disorders and other neurological challenges that result in Social Thinking ® and other communication skill deficits.
She trains staff in the use of various diagnostic protocols and treatment techniques for identifying and facilitating language processing and social-communication issues for all students. In the fall, 2011, Pamela completed a mentor training program with Michelle Garcia Winner, CCC-SLP, at Think Social ® in San Jose, CA.