The Aspire Internship Program helps young adults with Asperger’s Syndrome and related Autism Spectrum Disorders learn the skills needed, and required, to be successful at work.
Through strategic employer partnerships across the metro Boston area, we offer a 9-week (unpaid) and 17-week (paid) internship and, education and skill-building in areas of: social competency, self-awareness and stress-management.
- Our highly trained and experienced staff offer on‐site training to management teams and departments on how to help interns thrive and succeed in the workplace.
- We provide a professional job and performance coach at each site to support an intern’s transition into the work environment. Additionally, our coaches provide any needed on‐going support to supervisors and other staff.
- We provide weekly seminars for all interns. This is designed to help reinforce optimal work performance.
A Typical 17-Week Internship Schedule
- 2-day seminar prior to start of internship
- 3-day work week, up to 24 hours/week
- 2-hour weekly group seminar at our Wellesley, Charlestown or Lexington offices
What our interns are saying about the program:
Liberty Mutual intern – Accounting Representative: "My personal goal is to have a positive work experience for myself while contributing to the company and the people I work with, and successfully sharing my skills to benefit the team. I thank Aspire so much for giving me this opportunity."
Mass. General Hospital Physician’s Organization intern - IT Special Projects: "This internship program has helped me learn how to work in a professional environment and practice my skills in a meaningful way. This is a great option for people looking to join the world of work and earn a living."
To learn more about our program, go to:
- Website: www.mghaspire.org
- Watch our video: http://tinyurl.com/aspirevideo (Internship Program segment starts at 4:02)
Manager of Career Development
Young Adult Internship Program
Main Aspire office: (617) 726-0060