June 23, 2014
If your child has a special need, it can be confusing knowing where to go and how to get help. Here are the basics on finding the right special education program or school.
Under the big umbrella of special education (IDEA, 504 plan, IEP, LRE) are many services that can help your special needs child. Here's a quick guide on how to get special ed services.
For more in-depth information about special needs schools and programs:
- Special needs programs and schools: a primer
- Frequently used education terms: learning and attention programs
- Special education: a practical primer
- Special education FAQ
- Special education evaluation: an overview
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals: the basics
- Understanding special education laws and rights
- Finding schools for kids with LD
- Selecting a school for our son with LD
- Busting some special education myths