September 29, 2014
As a parent, teacher, school administrator or child welfare professional, you know that a child’s early trauma can have significant impact on his/her ability to learn in a typical classroom. And the behaviors and struggles of traumatized children are often overwhelming. What can we do?
ATN is presenting 22 audio interviews during our 10-day summit that will explore these topics and give examples of some very exciting programs and strategies being implemented across the United States. Listen in for FREE or buy the entire summit as audio recordings (mp3) and/or as transcripts.
- Jen Alexander, M.A., nationally certified school counselor
- Robert Anda, M.D., co-founder of the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Study
- Patsy Anthony, teacher and EFT practitioner
- Robert Burroughs,Ph.D, Academic Director for CALO
- Chris Bye, M.S., co-founder of MeMoves
- Susan Craig, Ph.D., teacher, consultant and author of “Reaching and Teaching Children who Hurt”
- Lark Eshleman, Ph.D., trauma therapist, former school principal, counselor and librarian
- Heather Forbes, LCSW, Beyond Consequences Institute, and author of “Help for Billy”
- Jenny Kendall, Head of Special Programs for K12.com
- Wendy Klimbal, M.S.,special education advocate, teacher and adoptive mom
- Megan Marcus,M.A., M.Ed., founder and CEO of FuelEd Schools
- Ann McMahon, Ph.D., engineer and educator
- Jody McVittie, M.D., founder of SoundDiscipline.org
- Christine Moers, therapeutic parent and parenting coach
- Brice Palmer, special education advocate
- Susan Reedy, TRM/CRM trainer, Trauma Resource Institute
- Joel Ristuccia, co-author “Helping Traumatized Children Learn” – www.traumasensitiveschools.org
- Melissa Sadin, M.S., special education consultant, school administrator and adoptive mom
- Roberta Scherf, co-founder of MeMoves
- Avis Smith, LCSW, Director of Trauma Smart program at Crittenton Children’s Center
- Lawrence Smith, LCSW-C, founder of AttachmentDisorderMaryland.com
- Jane Ellen Stevens, founder/editor of ACEsTooHigh.com and ACEsConnection.com
- Barb Trader, M.S., Executive Director of TASH
- Trauma Sensitive Schools
- The Impact of Trauma on the Brain’s Ability to Learn
- How to Recognize Children with Attachment Disorders in Your Classroom
- Teaching Self-Regulation
- The School Counselor’s Role
- Trauma Smart Preschools
- Using Engineering Education to Teach Empathy
- Is it ADHD or Trauma?
- Virtual Schooling as an Attachment-Focused Option
- Alternative Approaches to Teaching Those with Attachment Trauma
- Reducing Restraints & Seclusion by Using Trauma-Informed Practices
- Special Education Basics
VERY IMPORTANT: Please watch for and respond to the confirmation email you will receive after registering! If you do not respond to the confirmation email, you will not be registered. International (Outside the US) Participants: If selecting “not applicable” for State does not work during registration, select “Alabama” (the first state on the list), then select your Country and your registration should go through.
Buy recordings and transcripts HERE.