February 4, 2016
Transition Specialist Kathleen Pignone, M.Ed. will join NESCA on March 1st, to provide consultation, coaching and assessment services. She has special expertise in supporting students with learning and emotional difficulties. Please welcome her!
|Kathleen Pignone, M.Ed.|
Bay Cove's career development program earned a special commendation from the Mass. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, which wrote:
“Bay Cove Academy’s Career Development Department implements a comprehensive curriculum that provides a developmental framework for identifying appropriate career paths for all students. ……Students participating in the program are placed in internships or job placements where they apply skills learned in school in conjunction with practicing employment skills with job counselors…..”
Ms. Pignone also trains professionals in the areas of career development and transition services.
In addition to her 15-year tenure at BCA, Ms. Pignone has worked as an Education Specialist at the Mass. DESE, an Out-of-School Youth Coordinator, and a Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant.
Failure to Launch: How to Get Your Kid Off the Couch and Involved in Life Outside the House
- Contingency plan when Transition Plan A (and even Plan B) is not working out as hoped;
- Create and balance a long-term plan with short-term attainable goals;
- Foster social motivation and engagement and prevent isolation;
- Develop motivation, perseverance and resiliency using a strengths-based and person-centered approach;
- Help teens and young adults learn skills necessary for engaging in decision making and daily activities independent of parents;
- Access key community resources.
Admission is $20/person. Light refreshments will be served.