Drama Therapy Groups: Acting Games and Social Skills Development
- 8-week group starting Monday, January 23rd, 3:30-4:30 pm
- For ages 9-12
- Improvisational acting games offer fun and structured ways to interact and make connections with fellow group members. Every game is used to teach key social skills and build each member's self-awareness and self-esteem. Some games have a simple structure, such as mirroring one another's movements. Some games involve acting out scenes you might see in real life. In an atmosphere of having fun, we will celebrate as each member's social confidence grows!
Expressive Arts Therapy for Individuals and Groups
- With Tonya White, MA Expressive Arts Therapist & Mental Health Counselor
- This multi-modal approach to therapy incorporates drama, dance, mindfulness, movement, and art as a way to help children and adolescents learn how to express and manage their emotions through creative expression. For those who have difficulty accessing traditional therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy can engage a range developmental levels and learning styles.
- And it's fun, so it offers a natural motivation to engage in the process.
Mindfulness Groups: Mindfulness and Expressive Arts for Teens
- 8-week group starting Monday, January 23rd, 5-6 pm
- For ages 15-18
- Mindfulness is the practice of engaging in the present moment with compassion and non-judgement. It is an approach that helps with regulating emotions and attention - especially for those who experience anxiety. Practical ways to bring mindfulness into your everyday life.
Anxiety and Skills Coaching Program
Individual Cognitive Therapy (CBT)
Family Guidance Training